The Global Good Fund is now accepting applications from social entrepreneurs for our 2017 Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship. Please carefully review the below criteria prior to starting the application process. If you can answer "yes" to every question below, please continue to Part 1 of the application.
Every candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Is committed to creating jobs and/or career paths for under- and unemployed American men and women over the age of 50 year old;
- Demonstrates leadership and growth potential;
- Is committed to social impact and is driving significant change;
- Leads an enterprise that is at least one year old;
- Leads an enterprise that has at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- Is coachable -- embraces honest feedback and desires to improve;
- Actively mentors and invests in team members or other individuals;
- Leads an enterprise that is or will be financial sustainable (50% or more of the budget is generated revenue).
The application is comprised of three (3) parts:
|Part I||Submission Deadline: September 9, 2016||Part I consists of a preliminary questionnaire that is reviewed for alignment with The Diana Davis Spencer Foundation Fellowship criteria. Candidates who meet the requirements (see above) will be invited to participate in Part II of the application process.|
|Part II||Submission Deadline:
October 14, 2016
|Part II of the application consists of an informal video recording that answers the following questions:
*Your motivation to set-up your enterprise;
*The mission and objectives of your enterprise; *The reasons why you and your enterprise are unique and can address this specific problem area more effectively than anyone else.
The Candidate’s video will be reviewed and scored on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest. Candidates who receive a score of 3 or higher will advance to the next stage.
Part II of the application also consists of a written section that assesses leadership, the enterprise, and social impact. Each written application will be read and scored by at least two reviewers.
|Part III||Scheduled October 29 - November 18, 2016||Part III of the application consists of a two-hour virtual site visit. The Global Good Fund will speak to the candidate, core team members, and community members. These conversations will occur throughout the selection process.
Finalists will be notified about their selection result in December 2016.
Please direct any questions or comments about the application to Jose Fernandez at Jose.Fernandez@globalgoodfund.org.